At Kats, Jamison & Associates, we are a comprehensive law firm that cares for the client with a track record of multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts. We will represent you with humanity, humility and honor, regardless of your case size.
Super Lawyers
For Over
10 Consecutive
Best Law Firms
Over $100 Million Recovered For
Our Clients
Owned Business

Real Automobile Accident Cases Won

$10,000,000 SETTLEMENT
For a 9 year old Northeast Philadelphia boy who suffered traumatic brain injuries after being hit by a truck as he crossed the street.
From a Chester County jury to a nurse and mother of two after she was seriously injured when she was rear-ended by a National waste disposal truck.
$1,055,000 SETTLEMENT 
Settled in 7 months for responsible party’s policy limits and under-insured motorist policy limits
Free case evaluation

Real Accident Stories

“I was in an automobile accident in Philadelphia and I came to Kats Jamison and Associates.They were able to get me a quick recovery for the property damages to my car. They worked with my doctors to make sure I received the best medical care. All my medical bills were paid through the automobile insurance policies and my lawyers made sure it was all done properly. They explained to me the process of the settlement and litigation and once the offer was received it was communicated to me immediately. I was extremely happy with the result of my case.”
Automobile Accident Injury Client
“I was involved in a serious head on collision October 7th 2018. This resulted in an exceptional loss of business and months spent in Rehab. I went through 3 different attorneys trying to reach a settlement agreement. Then I finally met with Marina Kats two years since the accident. They were absolutely outstanding with the wherewithal & power to reach a settlement. Marina Kats & Brian Hanratty are outstanding! Not question that they are the go to firm when you need action steps to get everything resolved, and to be kept totally abreast!”
Head on Collision Injury Client
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident and wasn’t able to do a lot and had to stop working. From the start Marina set up an appointment for me to see a neurologist when no one was willing to see me. When I needed help or had questions she and Barb were always there to answer mine and my moms questions, to help fill out paperwork, and to get me the benefits I needed. Everyone there was extremely helpful and nice. They were patient and attentive to all of my needs and looked out for my best interests until the end. I’m glad to have met them and thankful to them.”
Motor Vehicle Accident Client
“Marina Kats one of the best attorneys i know. She cares about clients, their well being as well as getting the best results in their personal injuries cases. I would recommend Marina Kats and Philly lawyers to anyone who needs assistance in Car accident cases and Personal injuries casesu0022
Car Accident Injury Client
“The lawyers at this firm are caring individuals that can help you with your car accidents, get you great settlements, and treats you with great respect. For personal injury and business matters, I have known them from personal experience from a car accident in Philadelphia, they work fast and I am a very satisfied client.”
Motor Vehicle Accident Client
“Only at Marina Kats office! Where else can you find so much passion for the job, compassion for clients, and knowledge of the law? My answer is – Marina Kats and the people at her office. This office work ethic and abilities are very high. They have great communication skills. They are willing to listen and to hear you. They really want to help. Always available for clients, no matter when and why. Marina Kats and her people are always ready to help. Also, they get good results for clients. I strongly recommend Marina Kats office. You will not be sorry :) Marina and her people got everything resolved in an excellent timely manner.”
Car Accident Injury Client
“Help with car accidents, bike accidents, and settlements. High recommendation, also great for Russian-speaking client – great lawyer!”
Car and Bike Accident Client

Why Choose Philly Lawyers

A Team Dedicated To Getting You Results
Our team is made of many experienced attorneys specializing in a variety of different practice areas. Whatever you need help – the Philly Lawyers team is here to help!
We Speak Your Language
We are able to assist you with your legal needs and speak to you in your native language. Our staff of attorneys are fluent in many languages including: Russian, Spanish, French, Romanian, Italian, Yugoslavian, Hebrew, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Polish, Georgian, and Armenian.
Locally Recognized
We’ve won numerous awards and have contributed to numerous publications in the last 33 years.
Top Verdicts Settlements
We won some of the top verdicts and settlements in Greater Philadelphia. Some including $3.5 million for a car accident, $10 million for a hit and run, and $30 million for a motorcycle accident.
No Fee Unless You Win
Our commitment to you is that you don’t pay unless we win, and only then you pay a small percentage of the amount we won for you. Every case begins with an honest assessment to determine your likelihood of success.
No Case Is Too Big Or Small For Us To Handle
Whether you need help because you’ve been injured, been in a car accident, slipped and fell or need any other legal advice, we can help.
On Site Visits
You don’t always have to come to us! If you are injured and recovering in a hospital or at home, our attorneys can visit you!

How We Help You Win

We will review your car accident case thoroughly.
We will investigate all evidence regarding the cause of the accident.
We will interview witnesses and experts if necessary.
We will work to ensure that victims and their families receive the maximum settlement.

Buck County Underinsured Motorist Claims Attorney

The underinsured motorist insurance attorneys at the Bucks County, PA personal injury law firm of Kats, Jamison & Associates understand that being in an auto accident is stressful enough, but sometimes people find themselves involved in accidents with other drivers who do not carry enough insurance to fully cover the damage. Our underinsured motorist attorneys know that you may receive extra compensation if you have underinsured motorist coverage with your car insurance. You have a very limited time to file the claim with your insurance company so you need to consult with an attorney at Kats, Jamison & Associates as soon as possible. Let us help fight for the compensation you deserve.

Underinsured motorist cases start with proving that the other driver was at fault. Then, you must prove how much the accident cost you. Then you will need to show that the other motorist’s insurance coverage cannot fully cover your damages. At Kats, Jamison & Associates, we will conduct a thorough investigation to ensure that you recover all the money to which you are entitled to.

Proving Fault

In legal terms, “fault” is attributable to a party who acted negligently or wrongfully. Negligence means to harm others by failing to act carefully and safely on the road.

Some examples include:

– Texting and driving
– Aggressive driving or road rage
– Drinking and driving
– Driving after taking drugs
– Fatigued driving
– Dangerous lane changes, passing or following
– Driving over the speed limit
– Driving too fast in bad weather/road conditions
– Following too closely
– Violating any other traffic safety laws

It is difficult to claim that the other party is at fault unless the other driver openly admits responsibility for the crash. In most cases though, you will need to provide evidence of negligence to your insurance company.

Our law firm has the resources to investigate your accident and collect evidence to support your claims of fault. Evidence can including witness statements, video evidence (from surveillance or smartphone cameras), the opinions of accident reconstruction experts, and more. If a driver was drunk, high or in violation of another law, you can use a police officer’s account or a conviction against the driver. We will seek out the appropriate evidence needed to prove the underinsured driver’s negligence in your specific case, as well as proving that you were injured as a result of the accident.

One of the simplest ways to prove the cause of your injury is to obtain a medical diagnosis as soon as possible after the crash. A medical professional can note whether your injuries are consistent with car accident injuries and can document their severity.

Proving Your Damages

Proving fault is only the first step of a successful underinsured motorist insurance claim. You must also prove that your damages exceed the limits of the negligent driver’s insurance policy. Damages can include many different financial losses that stem from your injuries, including:

– Costs of emergency treatments and ambulance transportation
– Surgeries and postoperative treatments
– Time in the hospital or intensive care unit
– Medications
– Medical equipment
– Rehabilitative and physical therapy
– Home health care
– Wage lost from time missed from work
– Costs of transportation and other necessities for medical treatment
– Estimated bills for any required future medical treatments needed

The cost of treatment may range anywhere from a few thousand to a hundred thousand, depending on the severity of your injuries. These costs alone can easily exceed a $25,000 bodily injury policy and you can use your medical bills as proof of all of the losses you have already incurred.

Damages can increase exponentially if your injury caused long-lasting or permanent impairments or disabilities. You will need to be discharged with medical records to prove your damages.

Was Your Underinsured Motorist Claim Denied?

When you pay for an underinsured motorist policy, you expect to receive payment if you are injured by an underinsured motorist. Unfortunately, many claims get denied-either partially or completely. An insurance company will try to justify denying a claim for many reasons, including:

– Challenging your assertions of liability for the accident
– Questioning the cause of your injury
– Questioning the severity of your injuries and the necessity of all treatments
– Challenging any estimates of future losses
– Claiming you did not comply with all procedural requirements of your claim

Often, you can reduce the chances of a denial for the above reasons if you enlist the help of a car accident lawyer before you even file a claim. Our attorneys can help to make sure you are compliant with all requirements for your claim and will provide the most persuasive evidence possible. However, insurers may still try to deny even the strongest claims.

If you received a denial, an attorney can appeal the denial and negotiate for the amount you deserve by presenting new evidence and arguing on your behalf. An underinsured motorist attorneys at Kats, Jamison & Associates can help you file a lawsuit against your insurance company demanding full payment for all of the costs of your accident and fight for you in the courtroom and arbitrations.

Contact a Pennsylvania Underinsured Motorist Attorney For More Information

Underinsured motorist cases are complex and require attorneys who understand how to aggressively represent their clients. Call Kats, Jamison & Associates if you need a Philadelphia or New Jersey personal injury attorney to represent you, a family member, or a friend with an underinsured motorist claim, call us at 215-593-2623 or contact us online.
Free case evaluation

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand when the injury occurs, you are scared and need immediate help. Here are the answers to some of the questions we hope are helpful to you.

If you come to us, we have all the answers for when you are injured in any type of accident.
Free case evaluation

Do I have to pay to speak with an attorney?

Philly Lawyers offers free case reviews so that you can better understand your legal options. This means you pay nothing for your first consultation. Additionally, Kats, Jamison & Associates works on a contingency fee basis meaning that if you do choose to hire us, you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.

What should I do immediately after I’ve been involved in a car accident?

Call the police and make sure an ambulance is sent as soon as possible. Make sure everyone involved in the accident is conscious and responsive. Stay at the scene even if the accident isn’t serious, the police should be called regardless and a police report should be filed. It is important when speaking to the police that you stick to the facts, do not speculate, and most importantly do not admit any fault. Make sure you take as many pictures as you can with your cell phone. Also, we suggest taking a picture of the other person’s license plate, their drivers license, and insurance information. The pictures should document any damage that is caused by both vehicles. Seek medical attention as soon as possible if injured, even if you do not feel any pain, you may be in a state of shock and could experience medical issues later on.

What should I do before leaving the scene of an accident?

Philly Lawyers offers free case reviews and we are available 24/7. If you are injured due to medical malpractice, wAfter a car accident, it is important to collect as much information as possible. Document the names, addresses, license plates of any other vehicle involved in the accident. Either document the weather conditions at the time of the accident or take pictures of the scene surrounding the accident. If you believe that road maintenance or lack thereof was a factor in the accident – it is important to document this as well. After your immediate medical injuries have been taken into account, it is then time to speak with a lawyer immediately. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the more time you will have to successfully prepare a personal injury case. The team at Kats, Jamison & Associates will analyze your car/motorcycle accident and determine whether or not you have a claim. Through this process we will make sure to protect your rights and guard you from predatory insurance company practices.e are available without an appointment and we will see you at your convenience. However, appointments are still recommended.

How do I know if I have a personal injury case regarding a car accident?

If you are experiencing pain, injury, or financial damages as a result of someone else’s negligence. You may have a personal injury case. If the other driver was at fault or failed to follow the legal rules of the road – our car accident attorneys may be able to prove that the other party is liable for those damages. For example, if you were rear-ended in a car accident, typically the other driver is responsible for that accident and the insurance company could be liable for any damages

What should I expect the first few days following a car accident?

Within the first few days, you will receive communications from both your insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company. You may be contacted by your health insurance company, doctors, and even attorneys. The other driver’s insurance company may request that you sign medical authorizations so they can retrieve your medical records. Before you speak to any of these people or sign any documents, it is important that you seek legal counsel.

How do I pay for medical expenses while my case is pending?

You may have a difficult time paying for your medical expenses, even if you have health insurance. Make sure to bill any treatment as you normally would through your healthcare provider. Additionally, you may have medical payment coverage under your car insurance plan. This could be used to cover your co-pays and other medical expenses that your health insurance company may not cover initially.

What type of compensation should I expect to receive for my car accident case?

This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on many factors. If we are successful in proving that the other party is liable for your injuries and damages, you could be compensated for medical bills and any other hospital costs, lost wages, costs of rehabilitation and physical therapy, disability or disfigurement, pain and suffering, wrongful death, including loss of financial support and any other out of pocket expense that was related to your accident.

How long will it take to complete my case?

Depending on the severity of your injuries and the length of time you need to heal from your injuries will determine the length of your claim. We also have to factor in the willingness of the other party to settle as they make their initial offer. If unreasonable offers are made, your claim may proceed to trial, which will increase the length of your claim.

What are the fees for representing me in a car accident case?

At Kats, Jamison & Associates all personal injury accident cases are handled on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that we will never charge you upfront for any cost and we will advance all costs and expenses. You will not have to reimburse our Firm for any costs unless we are successful. You will pay absolutely nothing for lawyers’ fees unless we win a monetary sum in your case.

Our Greater Philadelphia Law Firm Has Won Many Accolades For Northeast Philadelphia, Bucks County And Montgomery County

Skip to content