At Kats, Jamison & Associates, we are a comprehensive law firm that cares for the client with a track record of multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts. We will represent you with humanity, humility and honor, regardless of your case size.
Super Lawyers
For Over
10 Consecutive
Best Law Firms
Over $100 Million Recovered For
Our Clients
Owned Business

Real Automobile Accident Cases Won

$10,000,000 SETTLEMENT
For a 9 year old Northeast Philadelphia boy who suffered traumatic brain injuries after being hit by a truck as he crossed the street.
From a Chester County jury to a nurse and mother of two after she was seriously injured when she was rear-ended by a National waste disposal truck.
$1,055,000 SETTLEMENT 
Settled in 7 months for responsible party’s policy limits and under-insured motorist policy limits
Free case evaluation

Real Accident Stories

“I was in an automobile accident in Philadelphia and I came to Kats Jamison and Associates.They were able to get me a quick recovery for the property damages to my car. They worked with my doctors to make sure I received the best medical care. All my medical bills were paid through the automobile insurance policies and my lawyers made sure it was all done properly. They explained to me the process of the settlement and litigation and once the offer was received it was communicated to me immediately. I was extremely happy with the result of my case.”
Automobile Accident Injury Client
“I was involved in a serious head on collision October 7th 2018. This resulted in an exceptional loss of business and months spent in Rehab. I went through 3 different attorneys trying to reach a settlement agreement. Then I finally met with Marina Kats two years since the accident. They were absolutely outstanding with the wherewithal & power to reach a settlement. Marina Kats & Brian Hanratty are outstanding! Not question that they are the go to firm when you need action steps to get everything resolved, and to be kept totally abreast!”
Head on Collision Injury Client
“I was involved in a motor vehicle accident and wasn’t able to do a lot and had to stop working. From the start Marina set up an appointment for me to see a neurologist when no one was willing to see me. When I needed help or had questions she and Barb were always there to answer mine and my moms questions, to help fill out paperwork, and to get me the benefits I needed. Everyone there was extremely helpful and nice. They were patient and attentive to all of my needs and looked out for my best interests until the end. I’m glad to have met them and thankful to them.”
Motor Vehicle Accident Client
“Marina Kats one of the best attorneys i know. She cares about clients, their well being as well as getting the best results in their personal injuries cases. I would recommend Marina Kats and Philly lawyers to anyone who needs assistance in Car accident cases and Personal injuries casesu0022
Car Accident Injury Client
“The lawyers at this firm are caring individuals that can help you with your car accidents, get you great settlements, and treats you with great respect. For personal injury and business matters, I have known them from personal experience from a car accident in Philadelphia, they work fast and I am a very satisfied client.”
Motor Vehicle Accident Client
“Only at Marina Kats office! Where else can you find so much passion for the job, compassion for clients, and knowledge of the law? My answer is – Marina Kats and the people at her office. This office work ethic and abilities are very high. They have great communication skills. They are willing to listen and to hear you. They really want to help. Always available for clients, no matter when and why. Marina Kats and her people are always ready to help. Also, they get good results for clients. I strongly recommend Marina Kats office. You will not be sorry :) Marina and her people got everything resolved in an excellent timely manner.”
Car Accident Injury Client
“Help with car accidents, bike accidents, and settlements. High recommendation, also great for Russian-speaking client – great lawyer!”
Car and Bike Accident Client

Why Choose Philly Lawyers

A Team Dedicated To Getting You Results
Our team is made of many experienced attorneys specializing in a variety of different practice areas. Whatever you need help – the Philly Lawyers team is here to help!
We Speak Your Language
We are able to assist you with your legal needs and speak to you in your native language. Our staff of attorneys are fluent in many languages including: Russian, Spanish, French, Romanian, Italian, Yugoslavian, Hebrew, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Polish, Georgian, and Armenian.
Locally Recognized
We’ve won numerous awards and have contributed to numerous publications in the last 33 years.
Top Verdicts Settlements
We won some of the top verdicts and settlements in Greater Philadelphia. Some including $3.5 million for a car accident, $10 million for a hit and run, and $30 million for a motorcycle accident.
No Fee Unless You Win
Our commitment to you is that you don’t pay unless we win, and only then you pay a small percentage of the amount we won for you. Every case begins with an honest assessment to determine your likelihood of success.
No Case Is Too Big Or Small For Us To Handle
Whether you need help because you’ve been injured, been in a car accident, slipped and fell or need any other legal advice, we can help.
On Site Visits
You don’t always have to come to us! If you are injured and recovering in a hospital or at home, our attorneys can visit you!

How We Help You Win

We will review your car accident case thoroughly.
We will investigate all evidence regarding the cause of the accident.
We will interview witnesses and experts if necessary.
We will work to ensure that victims and their families receive the maximum settlement.

Buck County Uninsured Accident Attorney

The Bucks County, Pennsylvania and New Jersey uninsured motorist insurance lawyers at Kats, Jamison & Associates understand that being in a car accident is a stressful enough experience. It can become even more stressful when you find yourself involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, you will not be able to recover money from their insurance since they do not have any. You may be able to recover compensation through your own insurance company, as long as your policy includes uninsured motorist insurance protection.

Time is of the essence. You will need the Law Office of Kats, Jamison & Associates to file the claim within a matter of weeks. Make sure to consult an attorney as soon as possible to protect all of your legal rights.

How Uninsured Motorist Claims Work

Uninsured motorist cases start with proving that the other motorist has no insurance or the accident was a hit-and-run. In addition, you must prove that the other driver was at fault. You must also prove how much the accident cost you. At Law Office of Kats, Jamison & Associates, we will conduct a thorough investigation into all of these matters to ensure that you recover compensation for all of the money to which you are entitled through your uninsured motorist claim.

Uninsured motorist (UM) cases are tried depending upon your insurance policy. While some uninsured motorist cases are held in a regular courtroom before your local court of common pleas, most uninsured motorist cases are not tried in court. They take place before a panel of three arbitrators, three independent hired to settle the dispute. One is chosen by the insurance company, one chosen by your attorney on your behalf, and a third chosen by the other two arbitrators. The attorneys at the Law Office of Kats, Jamison & Associates have worked with many arbitrators throughout their legal careers and know how to pick the best arbitrator for your particular case. The three arbitrators listen to the facts of your case and together they reach a decision based upon that evidence.

Underinsured Motorist Claims

Claims filed against the at-fault driver with insurance are called third-party claims. On the other hand, claims for uninsured or underinsured drivers are typically referred to as first-party claims. d plaintiffs routinely bring these claims after car accidents looking to gain some financial help for the damages from the at-fault driver’s insurance. In first-party claims, injured car accident victims essentially bring claims—or file lawsuits—against their own insurance companies. Thus, the accident victim’s own insurance company is a defendant in the lawsuit, and the lawsuit is based upon a breach of contract rather than upon negligence.

Underinsured motorist coverage may apply in cases where the costs of the accident victim’s medical treatments, injuries, and damages exceed the at-fault driver’s policy limits. In that case, the at-fault driver is deemed “underinsured.”

To make an underinsured motorist (UIM) claim against your own insurance company, you must first exhaust all other applicable insurance policies of the defendant’s insurance. For example, if the driver who caused your accident had a $30,000 liability insurance policy and you, the injured accident victim, have a UM/UIM insurance policy with a policy limit of $100,000, then you must first exhaust the $30,000 liability policy before turning to your $100,000 UM/UIM policy.

First-Party Bad Faith Claims Against Insurance Companies

A legal contract, such as an insurance policy, contains terms and conditions by with the driver and the insurance agree to abide. When an individual signs up for insurance coverage and signs the policy, the insurance agrees to provide compensation in unexpected situations, such as car accidents.

A first-party bad faith insurance claim is a breach of contract. In other words, in a first party bad faith claim, the covered individual—or the injured car accident victim — claimed that the insurance company did not comply with the insurance policy’s agreement and refused to pay an insurance claim, or paid out less than it should have. There are no real limits on a bad faith insurance claim, even in cases where the claim’s value exceeds the UM or UIM policies maximum limits of liability.

If you feel that you have a bad-faith insurance claim emerge from the injuries and damages you sustained in a Pennsylvania or New Jersey car accident, the knowledgeable lawyers at Law Offices of Kats, Jamison & Associates may assist you with your case. Our experienced lawyers are knowledgeable with the arguments commonly raised by insurance adjusters when they deny claims or refuse to pay or defend them. Our lawyers can review the facts and may challenge an insurance adjuster’s decision in your case.

Assessing Good Faith and Bath Faith When It Comes To Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims

Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage can range from as little as $30,000 to millions of dollars. In virtually every car accident case involving a uninsured and underinsured motorist, your insurance company has an implied duty to do the following: evaluate your claim in a fair and honest manner, and settle any claims that have been filed if it does not exceed the limits of the policy.

In an uninsured or underinsured motorist case, bad faith on the part of your insurance company may include one or more of the following:

– Denying a claim outright or failing to settle a claim that clearly falls within the insurance policy’s applicable limits
– Failing to give a reasonable basis for denying or limiting coverage
– Failing to take prompt action to investigate a claim
– Failing to properly investigate or a defend a claim for insurance coverage
– Using deceptive insurance practices when denying an UM or UIM claim
– Misrepresenting the terms of coverage or engaging in other misrepresentations in order to deny coverage
– Improperly undervaluing an insurance claim
– Offering a disproportionately low amount of money to settle an UM or UIM claim, which is insufficient to compensate an accident victim for the personal injuries and damages caused by the accident

Contact a Pennsylvania or New Jersey Uninsured Motorist Claim Lawyer at Kats, Jamison & Associates Today For a Free Initial Consultation and Case Evaluation

Insurance companies improperly deny and refuse to pay valid insurance claims all the time. When this happens, you need experienced legal representation throughout your case.

Uninsured and underinsured motorist cases are complex and require attorneys who understand how to aggressively represent their clients. At The Law Office of Kats, Jamison & Associates, our Pennsylvania and New Jersey personal injury attorneys investigate every claim so that we may aggressively and zealously represent our clients and obtain the best possible results.

When you need a Pennsylvania or New Jersey personal injury attorney to represent you, a family member, or friend with an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim, call The Law Office of Kats, Jamison & Associates at 215-593-2623 or contact us online. We represent every client zealously to obtain the best results possible in each case.
Free case evaluation

Frequently Asked Questions

We understand when the injury occurs, you are scared and need immediate help. Here are the answers to some of the questions we hope are helpful to you.

If you come to us, we have all the answers for when you are injured in any type of accident.
Free case evaluation

Do I have to pay to speak with an attorney?

Philly Lawyers offers free case reviews so that you can better understand your legal options. This means you pay nothing for your first consultation. Additionally, Kats, Jamison & Associates works on a contingency fee basis meaning that if you do choose to hire us, you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.

What should I do immediately after I’ve been involved in a car accident?

Call the police and make sure an ambulance is sent as soon as possible. Make sure everyone involved in the accident is conscious and responsive. Stay at the scene even if the accident isn’t serious, the police should be called regardless and a police report should be filed. It is important when speaking to the police that you stick to the facts, do not speculate, and most importantly do not admit any fault. Make sure you take as many pictures as you can with your cell phone. Also, we suggest taking a picture of the other person’s license plate, their drivers license, and insurance information. The pictures should document any damage that is caused by both vehicles. Seek medical attention as soon as possible if injured, even if you do not feel any pain, you may be in a state of shock and could experience medical issues later on.

What should I do before leaving the scene of an accident?

After a car accident, it is important to collect as much information as possible. Document the names, addresses, license plates of any other vehicle involved in the accident. Either document the weather conditions at the time of the accident or take pictures of the scene surrounding the accident. If you believe that road maintenance or lack thereof was a factor in the accident – it is important to document this as well. After your immediate medical injuries have been taken into account, it is then time to speak with a lawyer immediately. The sooner you contact a lawyer, the more time you will have to successfully prepare a personal injury case. The team at Kats, Jamison & Associates will analyze your car/motorcycle accident and determine whether or not you have a claim. Through this process we will make sure to protect your rights and guard you from predatory insurance company practices.

How do I know if I have a personal injury case regarding a car accident?

If you are experiencing pain, injury, or financial damages as a result of someone else’s negligence. You may have a personal injury case. If the other driver was at fault or failed to follow the legal rules of the road – our car accident attorneys may be able to prove that the other party is liable for those damages. For example, if you were rear-ended in a car accident, typically the other driver is responsible for that accident and the insurance company could be liable for any damages

What should I expect the first few days following a car accident?

Within the first few days, you will receive communications from both your insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company. You may be contacted by your health insurance company, doctors, and even attorneys. The other driver’s insurance company may request that you sign medical authorizations so they can retrieve your medical records. Before you speak to any of these people or sign any documents, it is important that you seek legal counsel.

How do I pay for medical expenses while my case is pending?

You may have a difficult time paying for your medical expenses, even if you have health insurance. Make sure to bill any treatment as you normally would through your healthcare provider. Additionally, you may have medical payment coverage under your car insurance plan. This could be used to cover your co-pays and other medical expenses that your health insurance company may not cover initially.

What type of compensation should I expect to receive for my car accident case?

This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on many factors. If we are successful in proving that the other party is liable for your injuries and damages, you could be compensated for medical bills and any other hospital costs, lost wages, costs of rehabilitation and physical therapy, disability or disfigurement, pain and suffering, wrongful death, including loss of financial support and any other out of pocket expense that was related to your accident.

How long will it take to complete my case?

Depending on the severity of your injuries and the length of time you need to heal from your injuries will determine the length of your claim. We also have to factor in the willingness of the other party to settle as they make their initial offer. If unreasonable offers are made, your claim may proceed to trial, which will increase the length of your claim.

What are the fees for representing me in a car accident case?

At Kats, Jamison & Associates all personal injury accident cases are handled on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that we will never charge you upfront for any cost and we will advance all costs and expenses. You will not have to reimburse our Firm for any costs unless we are successful. You will pay absolutely nothing for lawyers’ fees unless we win a monetary sum in your case.

Our Greater Philadelphia Law Firm Has Won Many Accolades For Northeast Philadelphia, Bucks County And Montgomery County

Skip to content